This is a story about a family trying to work out which puppy will be the right dog for them. It is an endearing and funny tale, written in rhyming verse with a huge variety of breeds to look at. Have fun thinking about the best breed of dog for your family as you look at all the beautiful watercolour pictures. Every dog has it's own personality! We have two dogs... I bet you can't guess which ones!
The family has a story of their own at the end, which adds a further dimension to this book, giving it a social context that gives positive reinforcement both to mixed race relationships and 'invisible' disabilities.
It is a larger size than my other children's books -'crown quarto', 246 x 189mm- so really great to share as a bedtime story, where everyone can see the pictures and verse easily.
(We have an English Bulldog and a pug!)
to win a signed copy of "Big Dog, Little Dog Or Someone In-Between", send a drawing or painting of your favourite dog to me
here's what to do:
1. Draw or paint your favourite dog
2. get a grown up to photograph it and attach it to an email
3. in the email, add your name, age, address (for sending the book to if you win) and the breed of your favourite dog
4. add that you give permission for your picture, first name and age being added to this website and its facebook and instagram feeds
5. send your picture, permission and personal details via email* to
THE COMPETITION ENDS 20th FEBRUARY 2021
6. Check the website to see winners announced from 1st March 2021... maybe you will be one of them!
*if you are having trouble with your email account, you can send it via We-Transfer for free instead, to the above email address
Website terms and conditions apply according to data protection. No 3rd party will ever be given your details.